Lessons from the River
Over the years, my family and I have been fortunate enough to go on several river rafting trips with my brother’s family, guided by my brother Steve, MD and part-time river rat. As I’ve been contemplating my birthday and what I’ve learned in my first 50 years, I have decided that life’s lessons could be summed up nicely from my river experiences. See if you agree.
- Scout the rapids before entering.
- But be prepared to change course!
- Sometimes the difficult fork is the most rewarding.
- The going is easier when everyone paddles together.
- Take time to watch the otters play.
- A good book, a deck of cards and a harmonica are all the entertainment you need in the company of family and friends.
- Be patient. The rain will stop and the rainbow is worth the wait.
-Dr. Pamela Wells
Dr. Pamela Wells is a Chiropractor serving the Sunnyvale California and the surrounding area including Cupertino, Mountain View and Santa Clara.